Skip to main content

On the Road to Healing....Once Again

Today I was out of sorts. I felt liked I had reached the end of myself. I was irritated and frustrated about everything and nothing. Joyful and sad all at once. If I can be honest, I get like this from time to time. Feeling unsure of myself, uncertain of my steps, unmotivated, and questioning everything about my current existence. Often, I am not sure of what causes these feelings, or why they rise, and most times, I just ignore it, and bury myself into whatever task lies before me, because truthfully, it's easier that way. Sweeping it under the rug, masking it, being "productive", accomplishing more, is so much easier than getting to the root of what's bothering me. The problem with that, is that at the beginning of the year, one of the goals I set for myself was to begin this journey towards healing, and that is one goal I refuse to leave incomplete. I've realized when I get like this, it normally means there is something coming up that needs to be worked out.

So, tonight, I took some time for me. I stretched my body, took some deep breaths, meditated and cried...and the thoughts began to come, and I now know what's next in this healing journey, and I believe I am ready to face it head on.

 I am currently feeling a full range of emotion. I am feeling physically sick, my head is pounding, and my stomach is in knots. I am fearful, because I fear the unknown and I like being in control, I know that here is where I must relinquish control. I am joyful, because I know when I make it to the other side of this, I will be better.

So, for now, I will write. I will pray. I will meditate. I will stretch. I will listen to Solange'. I will be gentle with myself. I will indulge. I will pull back. I will go to church and sing. I will love on my babies. And let people love on me. I will actively seek joy and happiness. I won't run. I won't hide. I will heal. And it will be GLORIOUS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Know I've Been Changed...A Reflection From My Weekend in NOLA!

I have to start this post by first saying thank you to my friend Tara Pringle Jefferson . Tara is the creator of #HereWeGrow a National Self Care Retreat that happens yearly. She is the reason that I was in New Orleans for 5 days, thus the reason for this change that I feel. So, Tara, THANK YOU for your hard work, and commitment to giving black women a space to BE, and for reminding us the importance of taking care of ourselves.  I have so much to say about this weekend, but I am going to use a filter (some stuff is too personal to share) and I am going to try and keep this as short as possible. Preparation: Leading up to the retreat, I was all over the place. I just could not seem to get it together. Life was really hitting me hard. The week of, I had at least 2 breakdowns, there were a million things to do in order to get my children settled, and I was nervous about flying Spirit (which was actually ok). I wasn't able to take a deep breath until I to the airport. Maybe this ...

Black Women...my safe place

in 2019, Wellness is my portion. I will settle for nothing less.  currently, i am building a wellness team to carry me through the new year.  in doing so, what i am finding is that Black Women are my safe place.  Black Women have raised me educated me loved me inspired me healed me corrected me disciplined me encouraged me Black Women have given me permission to be myself. to show up, to be free. Black Women have challenged me to think differently. to center myself. to not take bullshit.  for that, i will always honor, love, cherish, and respect Black Women. i will always wear this beautiful skin proudly, and will always be proud to be identified as a Black Woman.  We are Magic...always have been...always will be.  💖 ~Lauren Ashley

My Thoughts on Child Support

So, for some time now, I have wanted to say a few things about child support. Didn't know if I should rant on FB (I am not a twitter user), or post a blog. Obliviously, I decided to go with the blog, just because I wanted to make sure my thoughts came across clear. Let me start by saying this is NOT to bash anyone, but to offer a different perspective. I hear so many men (and some women) talk negatively about child support and the women who receive it, and honestly, I think it is nonsense. So, hear we go... A note, I will refer to parents as custodial and non-custodial, because I realize that although we are always talking about women who receive child support, the reverse could be true. A little background. I am a mother of 2, and my children have different dads. 1 pays child support, the other does not. I do not believe that all non-custodial parents should be on court ordered support. If you are responsible enough to give the custodial parent, a set amount (20% in Illinois...